Fujimura Byakku is inspired by purple wisteria groves - a hanging flower that grows throughout Japan and is a feature in many parks and gardens.
A water based Nail polish made by Gofun Nail (Ueba Esou - the oldest paint company in Japan). The unique thing about this nail polish is that it is made from natural materials and is water permeable.
Gofun Nail Polish is free from odours or fumes, and is extremely quick-drying. The pearl nacre (Gofun) made from crushed scallop shells also gives a beautiful shine to fingernails.
Made in Kyoto using ancient paint making techniques handed down from generations, this is indeed a very special nail polish. The range is inspired by colours blended by Japanese master craftsmen - some colours have been handed down from over 270 years ago.
It can easily be removed with rubbing alcohol, and doesn't need a chemical nail polish remover. Ueba Esou does make an organic nail polish remover. To peel off, just roll and scratch from edge of nail when showering or washing hands - it should peel off easily.
- Extremely quick-drying.
- Safe for pregnant women
- Aroma/Essential oils can be added as it is water based.
- None of the strong odour found in conventional nail polishes.
- Will not harden in the container like conventional nail polish, so no wastage.
- Fingernails can breath due to the use of an oxygen-permeable binder - it is also water permeable and "wudud" safe.
- It is recommended to apply the nail polish just before bedtime as it will easily peel off if you wash your hands right after it dries.