Part of the Kirara series, this Gold Mica Shimmer is made using ancient Japanese techniques. There is a characteristic that fine crystals reflect light and diffuse colours in mica (minerals)
In the world of Japanese paintings, what makes powdered mica is called Kira.
It has been used for painting as a paint that has been glossy mixed with pigments since ancient times. Hence, the Kirara collection pays tribute to ancient Mica pigments.
A water based Nail polish made by Gofun Nail (Ueba Esou - the oldest paint company in Japan). The unique thing about this nail polish is that it is made from natural materials and is water permeable.
Gofun Nail Polish is free from odours or fumes, and is extremely quick-drying. The pearl nacre (Gofun) made from crushed scallop shells also gives a beautiful shine to fingernails.
Made in Kyoto using ancient paint making techniques handed down from generations, this is indeed a very special nail polish. The range is inspired by colours blended by Japanese master craftsmen - some colours have been handed down from over 270 years ago.
It can easily be removed with rubbing alcohol or organic nail polish remover, and doesn't need a chemical nail polish remover (no acetone needed). To peel off, just roll and scratch from an edge when showering or washing hands - it should peel off easily.
- Extremely quick-drying.
- Safe for pregnant women
- Aroma/Essential oils can be added as it is water based.
- None of the strong odour found in conventional nail polishes.
- Will not harden in the container like conventional nail polish, so no wastage.
- Fingernails can breath due to the use of an oxygen-permeable binder - it is also water permeable and "wudud" safe.
- It is recommended to apply the nail polish just before bedtime as it will easily peel off if you wash your hands right after it dries.
Crafted with care in Kyoto, Japan